History Comes Alive For Kids is a series of tours covering the history of this great (and sometimes...not so great) country of ours. The tours are designed specifically for the little chikitings.
Why am I doing this? History is a great way of making us see "who" and "why" we are. Because of it, I believe, we're giving our future a better chance.
So, on to our sked:
I. Kawit, Cavite - Should be a fun day, especially, for the Dads: We get to go to the zoo and go fishing, too!!
- Aguinaldo's house where Independence was first declared.
- Trip to Island Cove for zoo and possibly, fishing.
Date: Sunday, January 30, 2011
Start Time: 10 AM
We should end around 3 PM. Perfect, as there's school the next day.
Aguinaldo House: free
Island Cove Zoo: P100.00
II. Manila - Due to demand, we will repeat this tour. Is a very good primer on Jose Rizal:
- History Light and Sound show in Intramuros: P100.00
- Fort Santiago: Rizal's shrine: P75 / P50 (kids)
- Calesa Ride (optional): P50
- Ocean Park Musical Fountain: Their blurb: "Experience a spectacle of fantasy and reality! The country's first and grandest musical fountain at par with the world's best! Be enthralled with the magical water screen that showcases a spectacular display of fire, music, and laser lights, backed by animated marine characters. Truly a one-of-a-kind multi-sensory musical experience you shouldn’t miss!"I think they got me at "fantasy and reality."
- Jose Rizal Light and Sound: See Jose Rizal at his final moment! Relive our history! It's lights, sound...and statues... Yup, it's one of a kind.
Date: March 13, 2011
Start Time: 1 PM
Ends: 8:30 PM
III. Corregidor: Actually, optional since it's very expensive.
IV. Bataan:- Death March
- Mt. Samat
V. EDSA:- Martial Law Museum in Quezon City
VI. Malacanang Palace
If you're interested:
Text Me: 0923-702-2777
Hope to see you and your little 'uns.